Any of you short-haired people out there will know the struggle when it comes to creating cute braids on your hair! Sometimes it seems like there just isn’t enough hair to do much, especially with braids.
Today I’m going to show you a step-by-step DIY tutorial on just how my daughter Bailey achieves this cute bandana look with some Tips & Tricks for those extra short strands of hair! I’m honestly so glad that bandanas are coming back on trend! They’re SO cute, and can really change up a look! You can find bandanas in most craft stores, online, or any craft section of a superstore. They’re inexpensive, so you might as well grab one in every color! Let’s get started!
Items Needed: hair elastics (texture powder, hairspray, dry shampoo if desired)
Time Requirement: 15-20 minutes
Skill Level: Easy/Medium
DIY Bandana Hairstyle for Short Hair
- Place the bandana right along the hairline, and pull all of your hair behind it. Secure with a knot at the base of your neck.
- Pull the bandana back to where you can start to see the hair on the hairline. Pull out 2 small pieces of hair from either side of the part to frame the face.
- Split all of the hair into 2 main sections.
- Starting with the right section of hair, separate that section into 2 sections.
- Take a small piece of hair from the left section, cross it over the left section, and add that small piece into the right section of hair.
- Take a small piece of hair from the right section, cross it over the right section, and add that small piece into the left section of hair.
- Repeat step 5-6 until you reach the bottom of the hair (or until you run out of pieces that are long enough to braid. Secure with an elastic.
- Repeat steps 4-7 on the left section of hair.
- Pancake the braids to fluff them up if you want to age up the look, top with hairspray if you’d like. Tweak accordingly. Done!